We had petitioned for a sibling group from Ukraine to see if they were available for adoption. We found out today they are not. Which is good news for a couple reasons. First, this means there is still hope for a family member to provide a home for these children. Second, it gives us a clear and focused direction as to what we need to do next.
Our next steps include the following:
1-Waiting on three more documents that we hope to have by next week.
2-Send our dossier to Ukraine by September 6.
3-Wait for the adoption department to notify us of our appointment to meet with available children. We hope this will be sometime in October.
It's an exciting time. Thank you for the prayers, the pledges and the promotion of our adoption.
-Frank & Suzanne